After a ridiculously long hiatus, I return to you with a post about my neighbor’s dog. But before I do, let me give you some more information about the situation.
(Insert time travel sounds here.)
In August of 2015, my husband and I moved to a new house. I love the space in the new house and the extra room, but… the house is seriously, 5 feet away from the closest neighboring house. Strangely enough, there is a huge yard on the other side of the house.
Anyways, my new neighbors are a bit strange. Maybe paranoid is more the word for it. I mean, they have security cameras and alarms installed all around their rickety shack of a house. Just last night, my brother nearly had a heart attack because he happened to walk by their garage door and set off one of their alarms. But the worst thing about my neighbors is their dogs.
Their dogs never shut up. Don’t get me wrong here, I have nothing against dogs. But when a dog is constantly barking at me, I start to form some negative feelings towards it.
Here are some examples:
- Because our houses are so close together, the dog can hear when I go to my bathroom or smell me, whatever. (It’s worse in the summer time when my windows are open for most of the day.) So, anytime I get close to that side of my house, one or both of their dogs bark. And they bark. And they bark. Sometimes, they do it until I’m done with my business.
- They bark when I walk to my front door.
- They bark when I walk to my back door.
- They bark when I work at my desk, which happens to also be along the same side of the house.
- They bark when I shovel my sidewalk.
Sometimes, a person just wants to be able to walk around their property without being barked at. Please? Hopefully, they are just getting used to us and will get over it by the time summer rolls around again, but we shall see.